Friday

GHUBAR 05

I've loved Ghubar Magazine since its inception. I loved it so much that I interviewed the Founder and Editor, Sarah Diouf. It was quite funny because there was a bit of language barrier. But it turned out well. 5 years later, it is great to see just how much Ghubar has grown and I am sure Sarah is headed for big big things. She has proven herself to be a force to be reckoned with, in the publishing world, and someone with excellent taste.



Recently, Ghubar released it's 5th Anniversary issue which featured some beautiful editorials. My favourite being the one shot in Dakar.


Another highlight for me was this quote that is posted in the message introducing the issue. 

"Our souls are not hungry for fame, comfort, wealth, or power. Those rewards create almost as many problems as they solve. Our souls are hungry for meaning, for the sense that we have figured out how to live so that our lives matter so the world will be at least be a little bit different for our having passed through it.” - Harold Kushner


No comments:

Post a Comment