Monday

Instagram Chronicles: Face Africa Gala





Instagram: glamgirlZ

This past weekend was the Face Africa 4th Annual Clean Water Gala. After weeks of preparation and conference calls with committee members, it was great to see everything come together so beautifully.


One of the highlights for me was seeing a few people who said they came specifically because they saw my facebook posts and tweets about it! *big smile* All in all it was a wonderful crowd and event, although I was "working" I got to mingle and see some old and new faces.
In the photobooth with a friend.

Big shout out to Saran Kaba Jones who is the founder of FACE Africa. Saran started Face Africa in 2009 with no seed funding. Now Face Africa has completed 20 clean water and sanitation projects in Liberia which have transformed close to 10,000 lives. How awesome is that? Two years ago, I read about her and decided that I HAD to meet her. I met her soon afterwards and I continue to be in awe of her and her fight to combat the global water crisis. Saran is a class act, so down to earth and passionate and you hear that from everyone. She has received many accolades for her accomplishments and most recently she was named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. I can attest to the fact that this is all well deserved. I am honored to know Saran :)

Saran Kaba Jones, founder, FACE Africa.





No comments:

Post a Comment