Monday

Instagram Chronicles

A view of lower Manhattan from Brooklyn. I was sitting in the worst traffic on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway. All of this after I drove to Staten Island for this first (and last) time ever.

One of the best things about summer is that it is so good to my hair. After the dry and harsh winter, it is nice to have moist summer air. It encourages me to wear my hair out. I have been loving my afro lately and playing around with all sorts of styles. 

Took this in our hotel room. Obsessed with that Vince Camuto skirt. I was on a "staycation" this weekend. For those who do not know, a staycation is when you "go on holiday" in your own city. Stayed a cute boutique hotel in Midtown Manhattan.  

Currently reading this. I must say I am finding it a bit difficult to read. Taiye Selasi's writing is taking some getting used to. It is beautiful but almost at the expense of readability, if that makes sense. Only about 80 pages in though, so we shall see.  


No comments:

Post a Comment