Thursday

Jay-Z fever

In the words of Beyonce, "I love me some Jay-Z." He is at the point where it's not even all about the music. Everything else matters just as much. His reputation truly precedes him. People calling his album a classic five seconds after it comes out [*side eye*]  It is amazing to watch what he does and how people react to even the simplest things. What other 40-something year old has ever been this cool  without us finding him corny?

Anyway, what I love with Jay-Z is he seems to have a great personality.  I genuinely enjoy listening to him speak and find him funny. Not necessarily that he says mind-blowing things all the time but his charisma just gives it that "je ne sais quoi." He has been so unpredictable since Magna Carta Holy Grail dropped, taking this #NewRules thing seriously. All of the things we thought he was past, he is doing. Back to back interviews on two of the biggest radio stations in the country, a cute twitter session...he is popping up everywhere and I love it.

I do not even love the album but I'm ALL over this hype, the marketing and the packaging. I'm here for it. Check out part II of this Breakfast Club interview over here

No comments:

Post a Comment