Monday

I Have Moved


One year and two days ago, I had just finished writing my first set of law school final exams. Now that I was finished with exams and was sure that I did well, it was time to break it to my parents that I was leaving law school and I wanted to move back home, to Zimbabwe. 

Today, I am sitting in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was a long and difficult journey just to get to the point of getting on that plane at JFK. There is a very thin line between having faith and being reckless or foolish. Sometimes, I'm not sure which side of that line I am on, but I do know that I have never felt more happy with and sure of myself. I have worked for things and spoken others into existence, all for the vision that I have. Over the past year, I have thought critically about what I believe, what I am willing to sacrifice and how far I am willing to go to achieve my goals. My faith in God and in my own abilities has deepened. There are some people who I will be eternally grateful to, for their constant support and belief in me. It made SUCH a difference and helped me to take a leap of faith. 

 I'll admit that I sometimes wish I had a crystal ball to predict the future. Uncertainty is unsettling, I have no idea if things will play out the way I want them to but I am at ease. I am here because I am on a mission. There is no other place in the world I would like to contribute to and build something, than Zimbabwe. My home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment