Friday

Mandela at the Union Buildings

Fun fact: South Africa has three capital cities.

The administrative part of South African government is seated the Union Buildings in Pretoria.  I took a trip to Pretoria (or Tshwane) to visit an old friend and also because, I just HAD TO see the new Nelson Mandela statue, that was recently unveiled.

The Union Buildings area is so pretty. The buildings are situated on a hill with lots of stairs, green grass, trees, flowers, Italian architecture. It seems like a nice place to hang out and get a good view of the city. The statue is just WOW. For me, this is what comes to mind when I think of the word statuesque. I really do love it.  It is huge and the open arms fit so well with who Madiba was. Job well done to whoever made it.

Here are a few pictures, but you should really go and see for yourself.










Follow me on instagram: @glamgirlZ

No comments:

Post a Comment