Thursday

Rain Urban Boutique Spa

My sister surprised me and one of her friends with a visit to Rain Urban Boutique Spa in Rosebank. It was a beautiful sunny day and I was excited but also a bit nervous about driving, it always takes getting used to because everything is opposite. The drive was a breeze (if we don't discuss the countless traffic lights that were not working), we had a bit of trouble finding the spa once we arrived at The Zone (our fault) but it was definitely worth the trouble. I had a pleasant afternoon there.



We were greeted by the lovely Amanda, who owns the spa. We were led upstairs and served a small cup of tea and some slippers to help us relax while she explained what our experience would be. The spa offers customised massages, meaning you choose everything. They even have a wide selection of music from light vocal jazz to wind instruments and piano. I chose the vocal jazz. 

Next we were introduced to our masseuses and off we went. I chose a full-body hot stone massage. I started by having my feet soaked, scrubbed and massaged while sitting in the chair and then we moved to the main event. My masseuse was great and very attentive, always making sure I was comfortable with the pressure etc.




After we were finished with our treatments, we relaxed for a bit and then went downstairs. We were served a cool glass of water to rehydrate and a small snack, some grapes and granola bar. I love the decor at Rain, very clean and minimalist. The blue paint is refreshing and really offsets all of the white. One of my favourite things was the shelf above. Half of a Yellow Sun was there and a book on start-ups along with some other interesting titles. I love to read, so I really felt that was a nice touch.


I really enjoyed my day at Rain. I would definitely recommend it, if you are looking for chic and attentive service.

Rain Urban Boutique Spa
Loft Office #6, First Floor, 
The Zone Phase II, Rosebank, Sandton

Tel: +27 11 447 4534

No comments:

Post a Comment