Tuesday

My Top 5 Apps

My phone lives in my hand. It literally has become part of me, so much so that sometimes I think I have lost it, meanwhile it is in my hand. Please don't judge. I've started putting my phone down in one room and leaving it there, on silent, for at least 30 minutes. It is something small but I have to get a grip somehow.
I have had so many apps come and go but I'm going to share the Top 5 that are ALWAYS there. I'm always looking for (free) apps, so if you can recommend any, please do.

1. Instagram

If you know anything about pop culture, you know that instagram is a HUGE deal. You also know that us iphone users were the first to have it, so we used to feel so cool and exclusive. Anyway, I am truly a picture-taking maniac. I take pictures everywhere and of everything. I am the quintessential "can't leave the house before taking 10 pictures of the outfit- spending 10 minutes picking a filter- posting and captioning it with #ootd" girl. I really enjoy instagram. When you look past all our meal and #selfie pics, you find many gems on there. Life is so much more fun in pictures :)
From the archives: Springstagram. Wine & a good book. 

2. Evernote

I discovered this app in my former miserable life as a law student. I typed my notes in Evernote so that I would always have access to them for reviewing purposes. I feel bad for ever disrespecting Evernote in that way because it is WAY cooler than that. Evernote allows you to take pictures, voicenotes, locations, files.....EVERYTHING and store it in this one app. I am a big notebook person, I write down quotes I like, things to remember, ideas I have and I constantly make lists so Evernote has been a Godsend. now that I am using it to its full potential I love it and I have it on all my gadgets.

3. Twitter/Echofon

 I have tried and failed so many times to take a Twitter break but I just can't let it go. Sometimes it can get annoying, it feels like sitting inside the heads of x number of people, not to mention the trolls and those who just RT and share anything no matter how ridiculous. But for the most part I really enjoy it and it is so useful for firsthand on the ground info. The thing about twitter is who you follow, follow the right people and you will love it. My personal follow rules are NO CELEBRITIES, definitely no brands and everyone gets once chance to do/say something annoying before I unfollow or  mute them forever. I use both apps because these two together equal the perfect app, there are small things that one has and the other doesn't.

4. Nike Fit Club

This app is awesome. Even if you failed out of PE class, you can still get proper workouts with this is an easy to use app. There workouts are in categories by bodyparts or goals (get lean, get strong, cardio etc), there are how-to videos, you can set playlists for your motivation music and there is a built in timer. You can even do a workout as short as 15 minutes. It is great for when you don't have access to a gym and you need some guidance. I only wish I used it more.

5. Al Jazeera (English)

There was a time when I believed news was just news. I believed that the media just reported the facts. Then I started to find out so many things were not true- no tooth fairy, no Santa and definitely no reason to trust just ONE news source. I chose Al Jazeera as my favorite news app because it is a great source for international news and documentaries. They do a thorough job and the bias does not make me want to throw up like FOX NEWS  others.


*Bonus* 

I always have whatever game is "cool" that week. iphone games have a very short life span. One day it was Words With Friends then it was Temple Run and then it was Ruzzle.  I'm still on Ruzzle. Others may have moved on. 


1 comment:

  1. I swear by instagram. Obviously. But I clearly need to get on this evernote bus. Everyone has mentioned it and I still dont have a clue. Perhaps when I update my apple products there will be room on one of my devices.

    BTW I love your twitter rules. I fall out of love with celebrities because of stupid shit they tweet.

    ReplyDelete