Sunday

AfroPunk Fest 2013


Stopped by AfroPunk Fest last weekend. The people watching was incredible. I love Brooklyn for all the different mixes of interesting people that just walk around and chill there. A few years ago I refused to go to Brooklyn because it had such a bad reputation but now I (and ALL the hipsters) am loving it. Sad that it took gentrification to get us here, but I guess that's big cities for you. Anyway back to AfroPunk.

If you ever see this food truck, run and order. Bareburger is my new favorite burger in NYC. I had the cheeseburger on a brioche bun. DIVINE.

The Festival takes place in Commodore Barry Park. We walked a [literal] mile in the opposite direction then had to turn around. *sigh* But when we got there, we were loving it. There was everything from live music, beer gardens and food trucks to art displays and vendors. Will Smith and family were there to support Jada as she performed with her band, Wicked Wisdom.

I got to hang out with my friend Sandra. It was an awesome day and the weather was perfect.
L: Sandra R: Heather


My favorite things: the outfits I say people wearing, a band from the UK called The Heavy and my burger from Bareburger!

More pics under the jump.




I did actually dress the part in some denim shorts, tshirt and chucks. I'm usually the person who wants to wear heels everywhere so this was different for me. 



One of my favorite restaurants in BK, serves great South African food. 




No comments:

Post a Comment