Saturday

Magazines galore

I'm a magazine junkie. One of my dreams is to own, edit, and publish a magazine. [I am working on it] I have quite a number of magazine subscriptions; everything from the Economist and Forbes to Cosmopolitan and Vogue. They say print is dying but I definitely prefer print books, magazines, newspaper, textbook et al. I guess I am old school. These are some of the magazines I've read in the past few days.
I was so excited to get this because of Danai Gurira's editorial. The Viola Davis story turned out to be a gem also.

I just discovered this last month and I was very impressed. It is free in iTunes, get it!
Even though I'm a die-hard print girl, I am grateful for digital versions of magazines. As part of working on my magazine dream, I read a lot of South African magazines and I get them through Zinio [awesome app]. The cool thing about digital versions is that magazines add videos & other exclusives to them which adds another dimension to the reader's experience.  
Elle South Africa does some amazing editorials. Poppy Evans does an amazing job.
Destiny holds a very special place in my heart. If you want to be inspired, GET A COPY.
Terry Pheto in Zanzibar, like we have never seen her before. Gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment