Monday

Morning #PhotoWalk

The last time I went to Fort Tryon Park, I was 12 years old and had just moved to America. My friend's mother took us to the Cloisters and Fort Tryon so that I could see a different side of Manhattan.

13 years later, I found myself walking around the entire park by myself very early in the morning. It was an awesome way to begin my day with the city on one side and the Hudson River on the other. It felt great to be alone with my thoughts and just enjoy the surroundings.

 I've been receiving a lot of praise in the past few months and it is so easy to get caught up in things like that and become complacent. I keep reminding myself that I am nowhere near where I want to be. Both in terms of physical and nautical miles and in terms of accomplishing my goals. There is still so much to be done. Moments like these: watching pretty sunrises/sunsets, seeing vast bodies of water and noticing little things in nature are so humbling. They remind me of the bigger picture and make me feel small, in a good way. There are things out there MUCH bigger than me and what I want, say or do. These beautiful things God has made, that naturally exist with no regard for who I am and what I am doing. 

Enjoy my photo walk.






1 comment:

  1. That was a beautiful post halfy. I love parks for that reason. It reminds me of natural god-made beauty. Beauty that transcends understanding and that is so much bigger than me.

    ReplyDelete