Wednesday

A Taste of Home


One of my favorite places to eat in Harare is a restaurant called, Amanzi. While I was home (Zimbabwe) last summer, I found myself at Amanzi quite a number of times. Whether it was for lunch, dinner, or to "party" on a Thursday night when they have live music. 

Amanzi has a gorgeous garden, the food is delicious and it is just a nice place to sit and enjoy yourselves. My absolute favorite dish is the oxtail with mashed potatoes. This is real food. Perfectly whipped, creamy, organic potatoes with some steamed veggies and savory oxtail. I was never disappointed.


The food can be a bit pricey but it is worth every single cent. I always order the oxtail but I also picked of other people's plates and determined that no matter what you order, you will like it. When my family arrived in Zim, I suggested that we all go for lunch at Amanzi and they loved it just as much as I did. 

Me with my sisters. 

Me with my bestie.
158 Enterprise Road, Highlands, Harare

1 comment: