Sunday

Backstage at Guaranty Trust Bank Lagos Fashion & Design Week #GTBLFDW



All week I have been following the sartorial happenings in the number one fashion capital in Africa. Yes, I said it. Lagos is on top, sorry Johannesburg and Cape Town but you have been dethroned.  From what I have seen and heard, Lagos Fashion & Design Week looks was quite a success. Designers, buyers, consumers, media and others gathered to get on with the business of fashion. There were workshops, marketplaces, a series of business discussions, parties and of course, beautiful (and not so much) clothes. There is no shortage of pictures and reports from those who were there: from the good - oohing and aahing over clothes, the bad - complaints about the consistent late starts and the weird- skin bleaching cream and soup in some goodie bags (no comment on that).



Throughout this week, I will be sharing some of the collections that I really liked or found interesting. Maki Oh's collection looked better in Lagos than it did New York, to me. In the meantime, check out some backstage pictures as shared on the official GTLFDW Instagram account.



No comments:

Post a Comment