Monday

Makeup Monday: Rocking Red Lips


I love red lips. Red lips are classic, elegant, and versatile. When you were younger you may have been told you that red lips are for  "women of loose morals" or whatever other urban legends are out there about red lips. Forget all that! I must admit, I used to think red lips were too much and too bright for someone with my skin tone but when it seemed that a red lip was the tried and true complement to every look, I had to get involved. Now, I love a good red lip. It's an easy way to add a little pizzazz to your look. 

If you are not ready to take the plunge, play around with red lip gloss or lip stain and see if you warm up to it. Here are a few tips I have for wearing a red lip. 

1. Play around with different shades to see what you like best. Mac Ruby Woo (which I do not own) is apparently a classic matte Red that works on anyone.
2.  Keep the rest of your makeup very natural. If you are going to do a red lip, it is not the time for that purple smoky eye that you've always wanted to try. 
3. Red lipstick tends to bleed, line your lips if you can find a matching red lip pencil or another option is to put concealer around the edges of your lips.
4. Check that you do not have any on your teeth. Hello, Miss Geist. 
5. Give us a good pout!




No comments:

Post a Comment