Friday

Favela Cubana: Bottomless Brunch


After AIDS Walk, last weekend,  I headed downtown to Greenwich village with my friend to meet up with two other friends. We were originally going to have brunch at the Jane but the prospect of a 45 minute wait combined with non-stop rain, reminded me of a restaurant around that block that I went to last year.


Favela Cubana is a small Brazilian and Cuban restaurant. The decor features wooden tables and chairs and big drums as seats at the bar (nice touch). The space has a very down to earth, no frills feel to it. It is tight quarters so I would not recommend it for a date but it is great if you are feeling social, we had a great chat with an NYU professor who sat at the table next to us. Oh and Cameron Diaz came in and sat at the table right behind us.

THE FOOD: I had the Cuban eggs benedict (poached eggs + pulled pork) with homefries and a salad. Amazing. Everyone else had hangar steak and eggs, it was reportedly very good. Also had desert (chocolate cake with ice cream) but I did not like it, I think I was just too full at that point. We opted for the 1 hour unlimited brunch cocktails which is an additional $15.

Overall, I enjoyed the whole experience and it was all reasonably priced. I will go back!

1 comment:

  1. omgosh that is literally right down the block and I wanted to try them. Thanks for doing this review -- I GOTTA GO!

    ReplyDelete