Monday

The Smoke Joint


A few years ago, I would refuse to set foot in Brooklyn. The news (& paranoia) had me believing I would be shot or stabbed the second I got off the train. Thankfully I've grown past that and also BK's image has been to rehab and it is now quite the place to be. Brooklyn is great to get away from the pretentiousness of Manhattan AND more cost friendly, you know I love that. I have a long list of bars and restaurants in BK that I want to try, so hopefully this summer I will be all over that. Anyway this weekend, I was at The Smoke Joint!

The Smoke Joint reminded me of North Carolina. The menu is very Southern --- Pulled pork, catfish, ribs, mac and cheese, barbecue everything, etc.



My meal: Sweet chicken wings (needed a bit more seasoning), Brooklyn potato salad (very good! Made with a bbq mayo), corn bread (good) and a ginger ale. My total was $17.


I tasted my friend's crispy shrimp and mac & cheese, both very good.

THE VERDICT: It is average pretty good but not great. I was starving so I will have to go again when I'm not so I can make a proper decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment