Tuesday

My #MetGala 2013 Picks

The Met Ball/Gala a.k.a The Costume Institute Gala is the biggest fashion event of the year. It is an annual event, hosted by Vogue Magazine, which marks the opening of the Metropolitan Museum's fashion exhibit at the Costume Institute. This year's exhibit is called PUNK: From Chaos to Couture  & it runs until August 14, 2013. So guests were asked to follow a "punk"theme to the glamorous event. I think punk is HARD to pull off. I was expecting to see a lot of bad and ugly on the red carpet but I was not prepared for some of the horrid outfits I saw (I don't think I have to mention names).  I was disappointed that some celebrities ignored the theme and just went for classic ball looks (boring) but others did it so well!

My best dressed is a tie. First, Nina Dobrev in a custom Monique L'Huillier. You probably already know how I feel about Monique L'Huillier, but this was just beyond. This is how I would do punk.

Nina Dobrev in custom Monique L'Huillier
Also best dressed: SARAH JESSICA PARKER. My tweet when I saw her was: "Trust SJP to go OFF!"
I was taken back to the days tuning into HBO watching Carrie Bradshaw running all over New York or Paris. That headpiece, that dress, the lace shorts and the custom Louis Vuitton boots came together in an amazing punk way!


Rooney Mara, one of the event co-chairs, in Givenchy, not quite punk but gorgeous nonetheless. I'm all about the lace this season. *sidenote* Speaking of Givenchy...I can't Riccardo Tisci did to Kim K and Beyonce, I was not impressed with those looks. Talk about NAUTE Couture :(



Jennifer Lopez in Michael Kors
A few more looks under the jump


Nicole Richie in TopShop

Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino

Solange in Kenzo

To see more of what EVERYONE wore to the biggest night in Fashion and pick your own favorites, click here





No comments:

Post a Comment